A new toy:
Eek. I made Blogger mad:
Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed: ...language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.librarything.com/jswidget.php?reporton=lislemck&show=random&num=5&covers=none&header=1&tag=&css=1&style=1&amazonassoc=">
You can also try going to www.librarything.com and looking for lislemck's catalog. I tried putting it in the side bar, but eberything got wonky! I have spent many hours today ironing, but I am not done. Bah. I loathe ironing, but packing work clothes in suitcases for one month=many wrinkles. Another interview tomorrow. What to wear? Plus orientation for San Diego County on Friday, when it is hoped questions about health insurance will be answered. Assuming I passed the background check...
So I haven't felt up to much blogging. Didn't want to overwhelm the biblio with the blather. Plus it is not comfortable sitting on an ottoman at a coffee table and typing. I am OLD. Plus I am not at a library. Questioning my librarianness. Writing posts in head while ironing. The reading has been unsatisfying, though I am still hoping Guen will pick up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
(The LibraryThing developer here) Sorry about that. It works on my blogger blog, but I'll look into it.
Hi Lisle! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Good luck with everything! And you should never question your librarian-ness. You will always be a librarian -- you can't help it ;) That's one thing I never questioned throughout my job search, primarily because I couldn't picture myself doing anything else with my life (other than perhaps being a woman of leisure) :). Enjoy San Diego! I'm green with envy.
I have to have a nap before I try anything else, like fixing the still wonky template already.
But it is lovely to hear from outside voices--I am going to do less ironing--it makes me nuts.
This morning's interview made it clear to me that the librarian-ness is here to stay. I can get excited about doing things so quickly, so easily. I don't even have to do them. Like IM book discussion groups. Completely doable. Just give me space, people, computers--puhleez? Longer post soonish...
Post a Comment