A customer found a big sticky web in our children's room today. Not in a dim, dark corner, but in the aisle between juvenile fiction A-C and Folklore, Poetry and Jokes (398, 811, 818, etc.), near the fire exit. It turns out this is a particular concern, because it is consistent with the M.O. of a black widow spider, which is common to our area. Who knew? No spider could be found. We destroyed the web and crossed our fingers. No one in California has died from a black widow spider bite in over ten years. How comforting Google can be.
Extremely tangentially: Google has crawled LKNOLA. I discovered it this afternoon when I was polishing one of the session posts for consumption via MPOW's intranet. I searched on a phrase to check I had one of Chris Anderson's stats right. Fourth hit from the top, LKNOLA, which did nothing for my confidence in the stat. However it did quite surprise me. I remember not too long ago, I had to submit forms and beg and plead to get a search engine to glance at a site I had created. This was not for vanity; these were page
s I created for MFPOW. Even four years ago, this represented a substantial challenge. Of course, part of my shock was being on the first page of results. PageRank used to really foil me. But in the case of the particular phrase I searched on today, there just weren't that many links. But I still walked around in a bit of a daze that Google had crawled LKNOLA. I was happily thinking it was a one-off thing that only the truly dedicated among my staff and Bcubed readers would ever happen upon. More of my naivete, I suppose. Create any content, no matter how vapid, vacuous, or tangential, and it will live forever, or until?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment