Thursday, June 28, 2007

Going from pillar to post


My posts for the LITAblog are up here. The posting was much more smooth this year. Either WordPress has improved immensely in ease of use, or my skills are much better. I'm leaning towards the former.

Today, Boyfriend and I, along with Mom and Sis, visited Mount Vernon. I managed not to refer to it as Mount Vermin in public. I believe I last visited it at age 8, in the company of elderly cousins. Since then, they (the Ladies of Mount Vernon, as the owners are known) have created an adjacent complex with a very extensive museum, interpretive center, restaurants and gift shop. The gift shop was what I remembered most from my previous visit. I guess the importance of good museum shops has been explored by some dissertation by now. I know that many of the conversations I have been in about museums have been mainly about who has the best gift shops.

We did not dabble to long at the Mount Vernon gift shop. I did look for a Washington monument night light, to no avail. Maybe tomorrow. I still hope to get in a trip to the Library of Congress, whose gift shop is celebrated far and wide!

No comments: