A note from one of my fave online friends (actually, we did get to share a face2face meal at ALA Katrina) just made it onto the "good things" that have happened to me today. GoodReads.com definitely is one for the year.
I plan to be one of the biggest boosters of web/lib 2.0 on the planet ad nauseum. It has been so important for me the last few years. I would be stark staring mad without it. (Peanut gallery--comments will be ignored.) If and when my fingers will type better (coming and going with maddening frequency), I will post again! And if typing my crazy long elliptical daft posts gets too hard, voice recognition software can be another hurdle to thud my way over/across/behind.
I started out today a bit maudlin. Picking charities in lieu of--arrant self indulgence. I've been sort of behaving myself since...while cackling with friends while eating Easter candy!
I thought I should put up a bitty post...to remind Blogger who I am, and to tell anyone who wants thanks so much for any good thoughts you can spare. I believe in them even more than my stated creed of Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and hamentaschen.
Plus, I had to share the photo of the Ocean Beach Librarian skateboarding to work earlier this week. Do I know how to pick my priorities, or what?
4 comments:
1.So that's how the NSA does it!
2.I thought you guys had cable?
Stopping before I break the 3 joke rule.
Happy Easter Rabbit, Hooray!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039345/
Fab pic! Give the OBL my regards. If that photo were a video, we'd be hearing "Hawaii Five-0" for sure. And how can things NOT groove as they should to THAT tune?
Looks like you have no on-street parking either! But at least you have sun...
Deborah Litwack
We have one-space off street with our apartment. The streets are empty most days, then park in for the night around 8:00, though it not impossible to find at spot at 9:00 or 10:00.
It kind of reminds me of Fairmount. It was laid out in the 1880s for horses and horse drawn. Then, when it was actually developed in the early twenties, no one imagined people needing more than one car!
A small bird told me you are retiring soon. I want details!
Post a Comment