Been sick. Not just an excuse to read, unfortunately. However, here's where I've been:
The Ivy Chronicles Silly, but I kept reading, in hopes that the obnoxious protagonist would get it in the neck. No luck; happy ending. I guess there is some kind of prurient allure in reading about how the really rich are different, psychotic, evil, etc. Well, most of them. I didn't make it through the Nanny Diaries, so it's a little surprising I made it through this. Chalk it up to misery.
Bollywood Babes Well this fun little read went much too quick. It was recommended by my friend Divya, whose blog I would link to if I had the link (hint, hint). God, I love a good teen problem book. Amber, Geena, and Jazz's Auntie moved in with them and their Dad when Mom died last year. Auntie is a formidable opponent to their various schemes. Then they discover that a former Bollywood star, Molly Mahal, is living in obscurity near them. They invite Molly to stay at their house when they discover she is on the verge of homelessness. Let's just say that Bollywood divas make interesting house guests, washed up or not.
An Imperfect Lens This seemed interesting, set in Alexandria, Egypt in the 1880s but after thirty pages, I knew I could not read any more graphic tellings of people dying of cholera. Trust me, not sickroom reading.
Deirdre and Desire OK, I really needed a well-crafted Marion Chesney, This happened to be the only title my branch had. Tragic. I bought some large-print Georgette Heyer recently. Now I need some intelligent publisher to reissue Marion. Dry wit in the finest Austen manner. This one was not her finest, but still, a nice deft touch on a classic Regency.
No comments:
Post a Comment