If the gods and goddesses of bibliodom are willing, you should see a WorldCat search box on the bar to your right. I just checked and it was there! Might even be worth popping over from your aggregator for a minute. Forgive me if you got two posts. I am pinching myself purple. My little rainbow friend (the OWC icon/favicon) is gracing my blog and it is completely legal. I signed the agreement. This means I am in a official relationship with OCLC.
I am sure this seems a little over-the-top weirdness to some of you. I can't help remembering all the years when I had to beg friends in ILL or Cataloging to let me search OCLC. It was always a big deal. I guess they worried I would corrupt their records. As if. I am the first to report such when I find it, which is not always welcomed by catalog departments. But really, I just wanted to search those records. I remember being thrilled when I found the illegal backdoor from AbeBooks. I also remember when it was taken away.
Putting the Boot In by Dan Kavanagh (better known as Julian Barnes) is available at a number of California academic libraries, and even at King County Library System. One of them is bound to do an Inter-Library Loan...
I know that lots of libraries/librarians are upset that content they have been paying to add and to search is now free. I assume that OCLC will be changing its fee structure. It is indeed the members' content, their holdings. WorldCat is such a great, good thing. For libraries, all our ships will rise with this tide. If it were in my power, this would be on MPOW's site tomorrow. I will definitely suggest it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment