Monday, June 20, 2005

Me, the world and the LITA Blog

LITA Blog

Crazy as it seems, I volunteered to blog ALA with LITA. I'm not even a LITA member, mostly for want of $. And now that I see who is a LITA blogger, I feel like a seventh grader trying to hang with college kids, only more so.

I can't quite figure out how this happened. I know that Karen Schneider was recruiting people. I figured I was going to some LITA sessions, so why not? Now I've read the policy:
Bloggers must be members or staff of LITA, or invited guests such as Top Technology Trends experts. Each Interest Group and Committee chair will be invited (but not required) to appoint a blogger. Categories will be created for each interested IG/Committee. Other blog categories may be established by the steering committee/blog managers as needed.

The blog may have ongoing bloggers, as well as bloggers who are provided access to the blog for specific conferences or events.
So maybe I can get kicked off?

I saw Eric Lease Morgan's initial post. Eric Lease Morgan.

Now I know I was crazy. I am happy in the bush league of library-related blogs. LITA: "it is expected that blog postings will be professional and reflect well on LITA. Bloggers are strongly encouraged to check facts, cite sources, present balanced views, acknowledge and correct errors, and check spelling and grammar before making a post live." None of my IM-influenced babble and chatter. Pout. But I will do my best, including lugging Miss Monster's ibook around Chicago, looking for wifi. Gee, maybe I should try public wifi as a test first, since I've never used it.

All right. I'm just being a scaredy cat. I will go, not so blithely, but forward. If I can figure out the RSS feed stuff, I'll mirror my posts here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!

You'll do great!

ricklibrarian said...

Hi, I'm obscure and LITA let me join its blog, too. It was fun. I think LITA is really trying to involve its membership (and more if you aren't a member). I wondered whether my tech trends would get posted with all of the big time academics, but it appeared. I enjoyed your posting. A variety of voices and viewpoints was good.