Just a quick bib note, now that I have your attention. I finished The Inner Circle. Even with the prurience factor, I found it kind of flat. Completely lacking in humor (or did I not get the jokes?). Boyle usually does amuse me; Budding prospects : a pastoral is laugh-out-loud funny. By the way, I heart the Worldcat subject headings on both of these--someone had fun classifying these.
In any case, the offspring and I really liked Kinsey, so my interest was piqued. Boyle makes the point that Kinsey (the person), for all his interest in sex, left love out of his equations. But it is there in human interactions, whether sex is involved or not. This is as close as I am coming to a Stephanie Klein post. You can find my comment. Sigh. I am in favor of both sex and love, but you are not getting many details here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've always thought the term "sexologist" was a little funny. Really, we're all sexologists if you think about the actual meaning of the word. Sex is the one subject on which everyone's interest is united and unassuageable.
I liked "Kinsey," particularly John Lithgow's portrayal of Kinsey's father. The scene in which Kinsey interviews his own father about his sexual history was...interesting and painful.
Haven't read any Stephanie Klein, but I'll be sure to do so, so long as I can search for the sexy bits and skip the other junk.
Post a Comment