Friday, July 01, 2005

Swag bag

The all-time, best ever swag bag. Thank you, OCLC!

Another post not appropriate for LITA Blog :)

I was going to try to list all the contents, but they've already been dispersed a bit. I did check it on US Airways. I wonder how many they saw? I didn't really have time to get to the exhibits until Tuesday morning, so much of the really good swag was gone. However, as I recall, contents included a lovely blue tote bag from Demco; 12 pens on strings from Sirsi (for my staff, since we are transitioning from DRA this summer); three really nice pens from Swets, with matching notepads, for the folk who endlessly claim international papers for me; one manga magazine; a CMX DC Comics pure manga button; a cloisonne Dark Horse lapel pin for the resident expert; two jokey reference booklets from Gale; Alamo crackers (from San Antonio Public's recruitment booth); and Yorkshire tea bags. I was a model of restraint, only picking up two advance reading copies: E.L. Doctorow and a time travel romance. I also bought one book: Alain de Botton's Status Anxiety, plus a gift book on Samurai cats for a family member. Besides the OCLC bag, the best swag I got was a $10 gas card I won from Demco, which I gave to a friend from Southern California. And that's my swag report from ALA Annual Chicago 2005. I really will post about the OCLC blogger salon soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisle,

Here's that copy-editing blog I told you I read. A Capital Idea

Was nice talking with you up on the 28th floor!

Mark

lislemck said...

Oh fabulous--more of my kind...check out the discussion of "gonna" and gotta"...though Nicole missues "gonna go to the gym", which IMHO shows the difference in meaning beautifully...ok, I really am going to blog about the bloggers soiree soon!