OK folks, I passed the background check for my soon-to-be-employer! Besides the usual felonies kind of thing, they said they were checking my moral character. God knows what they found out. Guess they looked in the wrong places. Now I get to do the drug screening! That doesn't worry me--all my drugs are prescription. The health place did ask if I had ever tested positive for TB. I said yes. Do I have any documentation?
No. I tested positive for exposure to TB ten years ago, at my last employment screening. It was not a big surprise, as I had been doing volunteer work among the homeless and people with AIDS for years. The City of Philadelphia did an X-ray. No sign of TB. A positive test for TB doesn't mean you have TB. (Note: Go Ask Alice is blocked by some filters because it provides information on sexual health to teens. Don't get me started.) I did not get documentation from my former employer ten years ago. I didn't know I should. Knowing the bureaucracy there, I will never get it now.
So, it may be interesting to see how this plays out. Let's hope not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment