

I am willing to pay $0.65/minute for internet access, it turns out. I would share some pix of beautiful (like gorgeous) libraries in Chula Vista, CA, but I don't have my cable. I fly out Sunday for an interview yesterday, then left last night...red-eye with 3.5 hour layover at 4:00 am in Chicago. The place with 'net access for hire did not open until 7:00. My plane boards SOON...to continue in Philly...
Two days later and the worst of the jet lag seems to be over. Hoo boy. Ran out to San Diego for an interview. Cross toes; everything seemed fabulous. Like a visit to the future: self checkout, marketing, wifi, cafes, teen areas with couches, daily story hours, discussions of information literacy. I am jealous, as well as wishful.
Plus I got to sign the lease on the new place and see it! It has big trees, two pools, hot tub, tennis court, business center, gym. A very different planet. The apartment has lots of closets, lots of kitchen cabinets, good countertops, and a balcony shaded by big trees. Boyfriend moved in yesterday and found free wifi and basic cable already in place. This could all work!
2 comments:
Yay Lisle!
Have my fingers crossed for you.
And yes indeed--The free wifi is so fast I have assume any slowness has to do with my Mac G3. The free cable is still on. Haven't checked for premium channels.--Matt
Post a Comment