
Limits can be helpful--thank god I know how to limit results in all kinds of databases. But living under a time limit is something different. "You, young lady, are allowed exactly fifteen minutes to post all those deep thoughts you have been thinking and then BACK TO WORK!" Argh. What deep thoughts? More like runoff from the babel in my brain, but quick!
I want to get in here some expression of sympathy for public library patrons whose computing needs are supposed to be met with one one-hour session a day, six days a week if they are lucky. I mean seriously, I do understand that this may not be enough. Don't think for a minute that I could do it. Give me almost any reason, and I personally will extend your session. Job search, family crisis, homework assignment, inexperienced user, what have you. Do not tell me you just want to surf around some more. I can't justify that one, due to the twenty people behind you. And really, you should be able to check your email in an hour, at least the really important stuff. Yes, you have to talk to me, and before your session ends, thank you kindly.
Eek, brings up being unwired while on the road to my new home. Boyfriend will be unsympathethic. I can do it, I tell myself. But some part of me says, "I will miss me." How's that for daft? May end up "blogging" to a spiral-bound notebook. But who will comment?
Exciting news: Traloo, tralay, the 45s not only sold on Ebay, they have been purchased by a loyal BBB reader who is also a pal from LISNews! w00t! w00t w00t W00T! Online community in action. How cool is that? I CANNOT BELIEVE. Thank you Mock Turtle! I hope you do find gold in them thar hills. Or create art, or something.
Someday, in some way, there will be a post giving Patti Smith's set list from 7/24, plus a lengthy paean to LISNews. Both are very good places to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment